Friday, September 01, 2006

I have become one of them...

As many of you know one of my favorite hobbies is to make up secret lives for people that may or may not be true. One of the classics was experienced by my wonderful friend Adrienne when i was home one summer. We decided to take a little jaunt to Best Buy (one of my favoritest stores ever) while we were standing in line to check out there was this one guy working there that was just begging for me to make something up...So this poor guy unknown to him was a burnt out gym teacher that works at Best Buy to make ends meet, he is divorced, moved back in with his mother, and hates working at Best Buy, but its better than teaching...

Set up...done

FFWD to today, as I was making up a life for this guy who walked into Grapes and Grain today (it was almost too easy...early thirties, balding on top, hair down to the middle of his back on the rest, portly, wearing a red t-shirt with an atari joystick in the shape of texas on the front, buying microbrews) as you can see i had a lot to work with, but after i finished his comic book guy like life it hit me...wait a second, i am the liquor store version of the gym teacher, i was an art teacher, i work at a liquor store to make ends meet...HOLY CRAP!!! i am one step away from living in my parents basement drinking beer out of my own mini fridge while eating cheetos and playing original nintendo with my stomach hanging out of the bottom of my shirt, and yelling at my mom for stealing some of my beer...at least i still have my own place to live, and my PS2 is broken...so maybe it is impossible for me to get to that point, but i feel so close...(tear)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

pete don't worry. It will only happen if you want it to, and I seriously doubt that you want that to happen! Here's to Grapes and Grain AND substitute teaching!!!

9/02/2006 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home